Maltese start-ups, and aspiring entrepreneurs, now have the unique opportunity to gain from business exchanges in Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary [Canada].
Through the collaboration of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme together with EYE Global Canada local startuppers can benefit from this opportunity to travel to Canada and collaborate with their highly-experienced Host Entrepreneurs. They are eagerly looking for innovative and motivated New Entrepreneurs and welcome Entrepreneurs that bring a solid skillset in the field of marketing, sales, innovation, IT and in general an entrepreneurial mindset.
This business exchange programme gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses. New entrepreneurs are given the chance to shadow an experienced entrepreneur willing to help them take the plunge and teach them the ropes of running a successful and fruitful business. Young entrepreneurs can gain innovative professional knowledge and skills whilst improving their entrepreneurial competences.
As a new entrepreneur you can participate in the programme, through Malta Enterprise, if:
- You are planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan;
- You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience;
- You are a Maltese resident;
- You have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- You are motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced
entrepreneur from another Participating Country; be prepared to contribute to the
development of the host entrepreneur's business and make your skills and competences
As a new entrepreneur participating in the programme, your exchange will be funded by the programme directly. Moreover, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Build self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and
- Collaborate with other entrepreneurs and the development of cross-border business co-
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business
referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
- Have Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function
in another Participating Country;
- Have Insights into the business environment of another Participating Countries
The general objective of this programme, which was initiated by the EU in 2009 and is run locally by Malta Enterprise, is to enhance entrepreneurship, develop the competitiveness of European SMEs and foster potential entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in the Participating Countries. It is therefore ideal for startuppers or for those who would like to one day have their own business. If entrepreneurs would like to benefit from the above, they are kindly invited to apply online via the website https://www.erasmus-entrepreneurs.eu/ and complete the registration form. For further details or assistance, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org