Article featured on The Malta Business Weekly on 10/06/2021
Becoming a Host Entrepreneur in a cross-border mobility programme not only gives you the opportunity to collaborate with new or aspiring entrepreneurs but is also a source of fresh ideas for your own business, helping you to optimise your operations and expand to new markets.
The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme is a business exchange programme initiated by the European Union in 2009 and run locally by Malta Enterprise. It is financed by the European Commission and operates across the Participating Countries with the help of the local contact points. It gives the chance to host entrepreneurs to get new insights, experiences and languages that would help enrich their work and outlook. Experienced entrepreneurs can be inspired to find innovative solutions for their company and widen their networking opportunities.
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme, through Malta Enterprise, if:
- You are a permanent resident in Malta and your company is registered here
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee)
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor
As a host entrepreneur participating in the programme, you will have no financial outlay since the visiting entrepreneur will be funded by the programme directly. Moreover, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge
- Benefit from a "fresh eye" on your business, and specialised knowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master
- Act as a coach or mentor
- Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities
- Interact with entrepreneurs from other Participating Countries and get opportunities to collaborate with them
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad
- Improve your language skills
The general objective of this programme is to enhance entrepreneurship, develop the competitiveness of European SMEs and foster potential entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in the Participating Countries. The large majority of most entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decided to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards.
If you would like to benefit from the above, you are kindly invited to apply online here and complete the registration form.
For further information, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org